In general, if you are interested in the research in AI4CE, please:
- Read the group’s webpage to get a basic sense of the research projects, through our past and recent publications.
- Fill this form (instead of emailing the PI directly): https://forms.gle/m4riWUGf6Rd9bTWp8
- Wait for our email reply, but please expect some delay in response due to our busy research schedule.
For PhD Applicants
- The PI typically advises PhD students from different units of NYU (e.g., CUE/MAE/CSE/Courant), as long as there is a good match of research interests (broadly, AI & Robotics) from a competitive candidate.
- Strong coding and/or hands-on robotic skills are basic requirements. Past research publications in relevant fields that overlap with the group’s publication venues (CVPR/NeurIPS/ICRA/AutCon/etc.) are strongly preferred.
For MS & UG & K12
- If you are with NYU already, after you have been with AI4CE for at least one semester, paid position might be available in form of lab manager, graders, and/or research assistant. In addition, other ways of engaging with the group officially include taking an independent/guided research course, or MS/capstone project with the PI (we have done that for students from CUE/CSE/MAE/ECE/Courant in the past).
- If you are NOT with NYU, we welcome all kinds of volunteering-based research internship (including summer or remote ones), but we cannot offer any paid positions due to the university policy.
- Attending our weekly group meeting is the best way to understand what we are doing and to learn about new research opportunities.